The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation into illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina.
On October 14, 2020, enforcement was completed in relation to the investigation with the assistance of the Regina Crime Reduction Team (CRT). A vehicle stop was completed in the downtown area of Regina followed by CDSA search warrants in the Greens on Gardner and Whitmore Park areas of Regina.
As a result of the enforcement, 24 year-old Gage Andrew FINCH, of Regina, has been charged with the following offences:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine – S.5(2) CDSA
• Proceeds over $5000 – S.355(a) CC
• Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace (bear spray) – S.88 CC
Items seized during the searches included:
• Approximately 500 grams of cocaine
• $6000.00 currency
• Bear Spray
• Several evidentiary items to corroborate drug trafficking.
FINCH was released with an upcoming court date of November 26, 2020.