A 34 year-old Regina female is facing a total of eight weapons charges after police investigation into a suspicious vehicle.
On Monday, October 19, 2020, just after 4:30 a.m., a police canine officer driving in the area of 3rd Avenue and Rae Street, observed a suspicious vehicle. The canine officer activated emergency equipment but the vehicle sped away. Police believe there were two occupants of the car, but when the vehicle was found, abandoned, a few minutes later, only one person was found nearby as the result of a canine track. A search of the suspect revealed ammunition and knives on her person. A search of the abandoned vehicle located a sawed-off .22 calibre rifle. The female was subsequently charged.
Thirty-four year-old Sasha A. DEIS, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace (sawed-off rifle) [88 CC];
- Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace (knife) [88 CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(b) CC];
- Possession of Firearm Knowing its Possession is Prohibited [92(1) CC];
- Storage of Firearm Contrary to Regs [86(2) CC];
- Carry Concealed Weapon (knife) [90 CC]; and
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition While Prohibited from doing so [117.01(1) CC].
DEIS will make her first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. (today), Monday, October 19, 2020. Anyone with further information that could assist in this case, is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).