A 33 year-old male, who was an identified suspect in four cases of counterfeiting, has been arrested. The male faces eleven charges; nine of these are in connection to alleged fraud and counterfeiting activities at business in the following locations:
- A restaurant in the 3700 block of Chuka Boulevard – October 5th;
- A retail store in the 2900 block of Gordon Road – October 8th;
- A business in the 5700 block of Rochdale Boulevard – October 10th; and
- A business in the 3400 block of East Quance Street – October 12th.
On Sunday, October 18, 2020, investigators identified a possible address for the suspect in these cases. Attempts to negotiate him out of the house were unsuccessful, so officers obtained a warrant to search the premises. The male was taken into custody without further incident.
Thirty-three year-old Dexter Leigh Blaine TRAFIAK, of Regina is charged with:
- 4 X Utter or Use Counterfeit Money [452(a) CC];
- 3 X Fraud under $5,000 [380(1)(b) CC]; and
- 2 X Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
In addition to the counterfeiting charges, TRAFIAK is also facing charges in connection with the event on Sunday, October 18, 2020:
- Resisting Arrest [129(a) CC]; and
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
TRAFIAK will make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, October 19, 2020.