A 49 year-old Regina male has been arrested and charged after a weapons call yesterday (October 7th) in the 4100 block of Dewdney Avenue; the area outside the Pasqua Hospital.
At approximately 6:30 p.m., on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, several police units were dispatched to an area just outside the Pasqua Hospital in the 4100 block of Dewdney Avenue. The caller gave the description of a male outside the building who had been there for hours, and was acting erratically. More concerning was the sight of what appeared to be a sawed-off long gun in the male’s backpack. Police arrived and took the male into custody without incident. Officers saw the modified handle of a firearm protruding from the suspect’s backpack. A more thorough search yielded several rounds of ..22 calibre ammunition, a loaded, sawed-off .22 calibre rifle and a quantity of what appeared to methamphetamine. The male was subsequently charged.
Forth-nine year-old Leagh Thomas KIRKLON, of Regina, is charged with:
– Possession of a Firearm, Knowing its Possession in Unauthorized [92(1) CC];
– 2 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
– Unsafe Storage of a Firearm [86(2) CC];
– Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
– Carrying a Concealed Weapon [90 CC];
– Possession of a Loaded Firearm [95(1) CC]; and
– Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine) [4(1) CDSA].
KIRKLON made his first court appearance on these charges before Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 8, 2020.