A 24 year-old Regina male is facing numerous criminal and drug possession charges after what began as a report of an armed male threatening an acquaintance.
On Thursday, October 1, 2020, at approximately 9:39 a.m., police were dispatched to an apartment on Kleisinger Crescent. Initial information indicated a male armed with a knife and gun had threatened one person and then chased a second person towards a business in the area of 9th Avenue North and Broad Street. Police saw a male matching the suspect’s description going behind a nearby mall. Another officer met him at the corner of the building and took him into custody without incident. The male was found to be in possession of a shotgun shell, a large knife, and what appeared to be fentanyl and methamphetamine. A backpack was found nearby with a firearm inside. The male was subsequently charged in connection with this incident.
Twenty-four year-old Shayden Alexzander THOMPSON, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under $5,000 [355(b) CC];
- 2 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- 2 X Assault with a Weapon [267(a) CC];
- Use of a Firearm in the Commission of an Indictable Offence [85(1)(a) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon [88 CC];
- Carrying Concealed Weapon [90 CC]; and
- Theft Under $5,000 [334(b) CC].
THOMPSON makes his first court appearance on these charges before Provincial Court Friday, October 2, 2020, at 9:30 a.m.