A 22 year-old male, who is already facing charges in connection with a weapons incident on Wednesday, October 21st, is now facing additional charges as the result of investigation into other recent incidents in Regina. In the arrest, officers deployed a Conducted Energy Weapon or CEW, also sometimes called a taser.
The accused male: 22 year-old Edward ROSS, of Saskatoon, was initially charged with Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [88 CC] and Assault a Police Officer with a Weapon [270.01(1)(a) CC]. ROSS was also charged with Carrying a Concealed Weapon [90 CC], in connection with this event. Police conducted further investigation into other similar, recent incidents.
- An Assault with a Weapon which occurred at 2:09 p.m. on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, outside a business in the 200 block of Victoria Avenue. A male with a knife was seen damaging parked vehicles. When an employee of a nearby business confronted the suspect, the suspect chased after the employee, with knife in hand. The employee was able to take cover inside the business and the suspect fled. Witnesses provided video and a description of the suspect to police.
- A Robbery which occurred at about 7:20 p.m. on Monday, October 19, 2020, at a business in the 3700 block of Quance Street. A male entered the business, selected products from the shelves and then walked toward the front door. An employee attempted to stop the male at the door and it’s alleged the suspect pulled out a knife and threatened the staff member. Police obtained a description of the suspect.
The new charges against 22 year-old Edward ROSS, of Saskatoon, are:
- Assault with a Weapon [267(a) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [88 CC];
- 2 X Mischief under $5,000 [430(4) CC]; and
- Robbery [344(1)(b) CC].
ROSS will make his next court appearance in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020.