The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Saturday, November 21, 2020, in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina. Significant quantities of illegal drugs were seized in this operation.
Two CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act) search warrants were executed in the Central Park area of Regina, resulting in the arrest two adult males from British Columbia.
During the enforcement, the following items were seized:
- 2,381.73 grams of methamphetamine;
- 79 grams of cocaine;
- 21 grams of fentanyl;
- $49,620.00 Canadian Currency; and
- Additional items commonly used in drug trafficking
As a result of the enforcement, 18 year-old Jeffrey Josue MENCIA of Surrey, BC, and 19 year-old Marins LAZARO of Vancouver, BC, are jointly charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine – S.5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine – S.5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl – S.5(2) CDSA
- Proceeds over $5000 – S.355(a) CC.
Both LAZARO and MENCIA were released with a future court date of January 7, 2021.