A 41 year-old Regina male is facing drug trafficking and weapons charges after an incident in the 1900 block of Montague Street on Saturday night (Nov. 28th).
At approximately 7:48 p.m. on Saturday, November 28, 2020, police were dispatched to the area of the 1900 block of Montague Street. A person in that neighbourhood felt a small black car may be following her, as she had seen it in the area more than once. Police arrived in the area and located the vehicle and its driver. The officers noted that the license plate on the vehicle belonged to a different registered vehicle; and it appeared the car was unregistered. The driver claimed the vehicle was not his and could not provide explanation as to why he was driving an unregistered vehicle. The car was seized and further investigation led to the discovery of several items, including a container of what appeared to be methamphetamine, a knife, four cellphones, and a Conducted Energy Weapon, sometimes called a taser.
Forty-one year-old Lee Douglas REDIGER, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon [90 CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon (taser) 92(2) CC];
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine) for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA]; and
- Possession of a CEW contrary to order [117.01(1) CC].
REDIGER was released on an undertaking to appear in Provincial Court on January 11, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.