A 21 year-old Regina male is facing charges after a dangerous driving incident early this morning.
On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at approximately 3:45 a.m., police saw what they believed to be a stolen vehicle in the area of 7th Avenue and Elphinstone Street. The vehicle was driving erratically; travelling at a high rate of speed and failing to stop at both a red light and stop sign. Police did not approach the vehicle; a tire deflation device (spike belt) was successfully deployed at 4th Avenue and Angus Street. Police then activated their lights and sirens and the vehicle continued to travel on 4th Avenue. The driver then abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot. After a short foot pursuit, police took the male driver into custody. The vehicle and the license plate on the vehicle were both confirmed to be stolen. As a result:
Twenty-one year-old Colton Thomas Frank LABELLE, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355 (A)];
- 2 X Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)];
- Operate Conveyance Dangerous To Public [CC 320.13 (1)];
- 2 X Operation of a Conveyance While Prohibited [CC 320.18 (1)(A)];
- Fail To Comply With Condition of a Release Order [CC 145 (5)(A)].
LABELLE will make his first court appearance on these charges this afternoon (Wednesday, December 2, 2020) at 2:00 p.m.