Three people are facing numerous charges following an extensive investigation by the Regina Integrated Crime Reduction Team (I-CRT), which includes members from the Regina Police Service and from the RCMP. On Thursday, December 17, 2020 officers searched ten properties and five vehicles related to a firearms manufacturing investigation.
Properties in the following locations were searched:
Village of Fillmore
Village of Lebret
Village of Saskatchewan Beach
The Rural Municipality of Lajord
Fines Drive, Regina
2100 Block of Rae Street, Regina
1100 Block of Elliot Street, Regina
1500 Block of Bond Street, Regina
1100 Block of Rose Street, Regina
1600 Block of St. John Street, Regina
The searches turned up equipment used to manufacture firearms, various firearm components, a complete manufactured firearm with full automatic capabilities, ammunition and various electronic devices. Approximately 50 cartons of illegal cigarettes and $4,500 in Canadian Currency were also seized during the operation.
Thirty-eight year-old Gregg Joshua MEYER of FILLMORE, SK is charged with:
- Manufacture and traffic weapons [CC 99]; and
- 2 x Possession of a prohibited device [CC 92(2)];
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)];
- Possession for the purpose of weapons trafficking [CC 100];
- 2 x Careless storage of firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- 2 x Possession of a firearm; [CC 92(1)]
- 6 x Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)]
- Fail to comply with conditions of release [CC 145(5)(A)];
Nineteen year-old Gauge MEYER of Regina is charged with:
- Manufacture and traffic weapons [CC 99]
Thirty-six year-old Tamara EILER of Regina is charged with:
- Manufacture and traffic of weapons [CC 99]
All three accused made their first appearances on these charges in Provincial Court on December 18, 2020.
**The Regina Integrated Crime Reduction Team includes members of the Regina Police Service and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, both with a mutual interest in responding to illegal firearms, gangs, violence, drugs and property crimes through an integrated approach.**
You must be logged in to post a comment.