A 42 year-old Regina male is facing a total of 19 firearms-related charges as the result of a search warrant executed yesterday (Tuesday).
The Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit continued an investigation in to firearms trafficking, which was initiated by the Community Services Division earlier this month. This ongoing investigation, supported by the Street Crimes Unit (Online Property), resulted in the execution of a search warrant for firearms and ammunition in the 1900 block of St John Street, on Tuesday, December 15, 2020. Given the dynamics involved in this investigation, a request for the Regina Police Service Special Weapons and Tactics Unit (SWAT) was authorized to execute the warrant. As result of the subsequent search, a shotgun, a handgun, ammunition for both firearms, and significant quantities of other ammunition was located.
Forty-two year-old Jeremy Martin HILL, of Regina, is charged with the following:
- 2 X Careless Storage of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
- 2 X Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
- 2 X Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC];
- 2 X Possession of a Weapon Obtained in the Commission of an Offence [96(1) CC]; and
- 9 X Possession of a Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC].
HILL made his court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, December 16, 2020.