A Regina male is facing charges after an investigation by the Regina Police Service Stolen Auto Unit.
On April 30th, 2020 a Dodge Ram truck was reported stolen to the Regina Police Service. Over the course of the following weeks, police learned the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) was believed to be tampered with and the vehicle was fraudulently registered. Investigation by the RPS Stolen Auto Unit revealed that multiple fraudulent transactions were made involving the Dodge Ram. As a result, a warrant for the arrest of a Regina male was issued.
On Friday, December 18, 2020, the male was located at a business in the 3900 block of Rochdale Boulevard and was arrested on the outstanding warrant. As a result:
Thirty-nine year-old Jan Curtis FRITZ, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Fraud Over $5000 [CC 380 (1)(A)];
- Possession of A Motor Vehicle – VIN Removed or Altered [CC 354 (2)];
- Use A Forged Document [CC 368 (1)(A)];
- Public Mischief [CC 140 (1)(C)];
- Fail To Comply With Condition Of A Release Order [CC 145 (5)(A)].
FRITZ will make his first court appearance on the charges in Provincial Court on April 15, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.