Police have charged a 40 year-old male and impounded a Ford F-150 truck bearing a stolen license plate in an incident early this morning (Friday).
On Friday, January 8, 2021, at about 4:18 a.m., police pulled up behind a truck in an alley and observed that the male driver was slumped behind the wheel. When the police vehicle approached, the driver put the truck in gear and sped away. Police determined the licence plate was stolen and continued attempts to safely stop the vehicle. At about 4:35 a.m., they successfully stopped the truck in the area of N. Fleet Street and Highway 46. The driver was apprehended and further investigation led to criminal charges.
Forty-year-old Devin GINNIS, of Grenfell, is charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000 (licence plate) [355(b) CC];
- Breach of Release Order [145(5)(a) CC];
- Flight from Peace Officer [320.17 CC];
- Operate a Conveyance in a Manner Dangerous to Public [320.13(1) CC]; and
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
GINNIS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. today: Friday, January 8, 2021.