A 20 year-old Regina male is facing several firearms-related charges as the result of a recent investigation by the Regina Police Service Property Crimes Unit.
As the result of investigation, police learned of a possible instance of possession of a restricted weapon. Further investigation led to officers obtaining a search warrant for a residence in the 700 block of Montague Street. The warrant was executed , just after midnight on January 21st and the search yielded a .22 calibre rifle, a magazine and ammunition. The 20 year-old resident at that location was arrested and charged.
Twenty year-old Braden James MONEYBIRD, of Regina, is charged with:
- Fail to Comply with Conditions [145(5)(a) CC];
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC];
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition [117.01(1) CC];
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC]; and
- Careless Use of Firearm [86(1) CC].
MONEYBIRD made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m., on Thursday, January 21, 2021.