A 28 year-old Regina male is facing a total of 14 firearms and drug related charges as the result of search warrants executed last week as well as three additional charges from prior investigations.
The searches were the result of investigation by the Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit into illegal drug trafficking in Regina. A search warrant was executed on Wednesday January 20, 2021 in East Side Estates. Through continued investigation a second warrant was executed on January 21, 2021 on a vehicle. As a result, a loaded handgun and a significant quantity of methamphetamine was seized.
Twenty-eight year-old Karl Tyrone LERAT, of Regina, is charged with the following:
- Careless Storage of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [88 CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm [92(1) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle [94(1) CC];
- Possession of Prohibited Firearm With Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon Obtained By Commission of Offence [96(1) CC];
- 2 x Possession of Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- 2 X Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC];
- Breach of Undertaking [145(5)(a) CC];
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine [5(2) CDSA]; and
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000 [355(b) CC].
LERAT was also charged with the following offences resulting from prior investigations:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 [355(a) CC]
- Breach of Undertaking [145(5)(a) CC]; and
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
LERAT made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 21, 2021.