On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at approximately 10:30 a.m., police observed a stolen vehicle in the area of 4th Avenue and Atkinson Street. The vehicle was observed driving erratically and at a high-rate of speed. Police again located the vehicle parked in the 900 block of McTavish Street. Nearby officers located a male matching the description of the driver walking in the area. When approached by police, the male ran, but was taken into custody after a short foot chase. In a search of the vehicle, police located a loaded firearm, bladed weapons, and personal identification documents that did not belong to the driver. As a result:
Twenty-one year-old Mackenzie DESNOMIE, of Regina, has been charged with:
- 2 X Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- 2 X Carrying Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm With Ammunition [CC 95 (1)(A)];
- Possession of Firearm Knowing the Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [CC 108 (1)(B)];
- Careless Storage of a Firearm [CC 86 (2)];
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94 (1)(A)(ii)];
- Operate Conveyance Dangerous To Public [CC 320.13 (1)];
- 2 X Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)].
DESNOMIE made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning (January 6, 2021) at 9:30 a.m.