The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Friday, January 15, 2021, in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina.
The RDU executed seven CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act) search warrants throughout Regina: three on vehicles, and four others throughout Regina in the Central Park Area, two in the Downtown Area, and one in the Harbour Landing Area.
As a result of the enforcement, 48 year-old David INNES and 35 year-old Andrew Victor Lloyd GORDON, both from Calgary, Alberta, were arrested in relation to the investigation.
Members of the Regina Police Service Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team provided support in achieving the arrests of the accused. Upon arrest, one of the accused was found to be in possession of a loaded .41 Caliber handgun.
The following significant quantities of controlled substances were seized:
- 750 grams of fentanyl,
- 7200 grams of methamphetamine,
- 140 grams of cocaine,
- $56,000.00 in Canadian Currency,
- Loaded .41 caliber revolver,
- Additional ammunition, and
- Multiple scales, cell phones, packaging and other items to support drug trafficking substances.
As a result of the enforcement, INNES and GORDON were jointly charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine [S.5(2) CDSA];
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine [S.5(2) CDSA];
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl [S.5(2) CDSA]; and
- Proceeds over $5000 [S.355(a) CC].
In addition, INNES also received the following charges:
- 3 X Possession of a firearm contrary to a prohibition order [S.117.01(1)CC];
- Careless use of a firearm [86(2) CC];
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public [88 CC];
- Carrying a concealed weapon [90 CC];
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a prohibited firearm [95(1)(A) CC];
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime [96(1) CC]; and
- Breach of a Probation Order [733.1(1)CC].
Both INNES and GORDON made their first court appearances in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, January 18, 2021 (today).