On Saturday, January 23, 2021 at approximately 11:40 p.m., police were dispatched to a business in the 2000 block of Prince of Wales Drive. Early information suggested that a female was inside the business carrying a concealed firearm and it was alleged she had shown the firearm to other patrons inside the business. When police arrived, they located a female matching the suspect description standing outside the business. Officers placed her under arrest and in a search incident to arrest, police located a handgun and ammunition on the female. As a result:
Thirty-six year-old Sarah STEINHAUER, of Winnipeg, MB, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [CC 91 (1)];
- Careless Use of a Firearm/Weapon/Ammunition [CC 86 (1)];
- Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm With Ammunition [CC 95 (1)(B)];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [CC 108 (1)(B)];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing It’s Possession Is Unauthorized [CC 92 (1)];
- Possession of a Firearm/Prohibited Weapon/Restricted Weapon Obtained By Crime [CC 96 (1)].
STEINHAUER made her first court appearance on the charges in Provincial Court this morning (January 25, 2021) at 9:30 a.m.