The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Saturday, February 13, 2021, in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina. Three CDSA search warrants were executed: two on vehicles, and one on a residence in the Harbour Landing Area.
As a result of the enforcement, 27 year-old Abdi Abukar Hagi WARSAME, 29 year-old Sharmarke Aden JAMA and 27 year-old Mubarik Abdirizak ABDILLAHI, all of Edmonton, Alberta, were arrested in relation to the investigation.
During the searches the following was seized:
- 230 grams of fentanyl
- 1100 grams of methamphetamine
- 450 grams of cocaine
- $3,200.00 in Canadian Currency
- Multiple scales, cell phones, packaging and other items to support drug trafficking substances.
As a result of the enforcement, all the accused were jointly charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine – S.5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine – S.5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl – S.5(2) CDSA
Proceeds Under $5000 – S.355(b) CCC
WARSAME, JAMA and ABDILLAHI all maDe their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.