In the early morning of Friday, February 12, 2021, shortly after midnight, on the 1500 block of Garnet Street, police approached a vehicle in order to conduct a traffic stop, but the vehicle had pulled over. A male got out of the vehicle and began to walk away, but was detained by police. Police identified the male and it was found that the male did not have a valid driver’s license. A search of the male revealed firearm ammunition, and a search of the vehicle revealed a loaded firearm. The male was issued an SOTI for driving without a license and arrested and charged on firearms offences.
Thirty-three year-old Martin Raymond OOCHOO is charged with:
- Careless Use of a Firearm [CC 86(1)];
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)]; and
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm Obtained by Crime [CC 96(1)].
OOCHOO makes his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, February 12, 2021, at 2:00 p.m.