On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at approximately 11:20 a.m., police were dispatched to 2nd Avenue N and Connaught Street for a report of an individual who was slumped over the wheel of a parked vehicle. When police arrived, they located the vehicle and an unresponsive male in the driver’s seat. The vehicle was running but placed in park, and officers could see a weapon visible inside the vehicle. Police also confirmed the vehicle was reported stolen.
Police opened the driver’s door and removed the male from the vehicle. The male woke up and he was placed under arrest and taken into custody. In a search of the vehicle, police located a bladed weapon and a shot gun. As a result:
Twenty-nine year-old Justin Theodore PELLETIER, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing It’s Possession Is Unauthorized [CC 92 (1)];
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary To Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)].
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in Motor Vehicle [CC 94 (1)];
- Impaired Operation of a Conveyance [CC 320.14 (1)(A)];
- 2 X Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)];
PELLETIER made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today (Thursday, February 18, 2021) at 9:30 a.m.