On Sunday, February 7, 2021, police observed a vehicle reported as stolen being driven in the area of 4th Avenue and Albert Street. The vehicle, occupied by a male driver and female passenger, was also bearing a license plate that was not registered to the vehicle. The vehicle parked at a retail business on the 2700 block of Avonhurst Drive. The driver, a 38 year-old male, entered the store, where he was arrested by police. The passenger, a 23 year-old female, was also arrested.
A search of the male revealed bear spray. The male was also found to be in breach of conditions of release orders.
As a result, 38 year-old Curtis James PAMBRUN, and 23 year-old Justin Rae-Lyn Dvonne MORIN, are jointly charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(B)].
PAMBRUN is also charged with:
- Carring a concealed weapon [CC 90];
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon [CC 91(2)];
- Fail to comply with condition of undertaking [CC 145(4)(A)]; and
- Fail to comply with condition of a release order [CC 145(5)(A)].
PAMBRUN and MORIN made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, February 11, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.