The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Friday, February 26, 2021, in relation to fentanyl trafficking within the City of Regina.
The RDU arrested a male suspect as he entered Regina, returning from Edmonton, Alberta. As a result of the enforcement, 34 year-old Mohamed Abdulkadir HASSAN of Edmonton, Alberta, was arrested in relation to the investigation.
The following substances were seized:
- 460 grams of fentanyl,
- 700 grams of cutting agent,
- Food coloring (used in the cutting process), and
- $1528.00 in Canadian Currency.
As a result of the enforcement, HASSAN was charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Fentanyl – S.5(2) CDSA;
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under $5000 – S.355(b) CC; and
- Breach of Release Conditions – S.145(5)(a) CC.
HASSAN’s release conditions stem from an investigation the Regina Drug Unit completed in March of 2020. At that time, HASSAN was arrested and charged in possession of a large amount of fentanyl and a loaded hand gun. HASSAN appeared before the court on March 1, 2021.