On Thursday March 25, 2021, at approximately 4:40pm police were dispatched to a weapons offence in the 400 block of McIntyre Street. The victim came across a male in the backyard of a residence. When the victim confronted the male, the male pulled out a firearm pointing it at the victim. The male ran from the scene. Police located the male in the 500 block of McIntyre Street and he was arrested without incident. The firearm was recovered and identified as an airsoft gun.
Twenty-four year-old Thomas HALPAPE is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Pointing a Firearm [CC 87];
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon [CC90];
- Use of a Firearm during the Commission of an Indictable Offence [CC 85(1)];
- Uttering Threats [CC 264.1(1)]; and
- Fail to Comply with a Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)].
HALPAPE makes his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, March 26, 2021, at 9:00 a.m