A 26 year-old male is facing five charges after being apprehended by police in a stolen auto investigation.
On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, shortly after 8:00 a.m., an investigator in a plainclothes unit was made aware of a suspicious vehicle (grey Honda Pilot) parked in the 1100 block Robinson Street. A check of the license plate on the vehicle showed that the vehicle matched a stolen Honda Pilot out of British Columbia and the plate was for a red Dodge Ram, licensed in Alberta. Officers observed a male get into the vehicle and drive a short distance to a business. When the suspect male came out of the business, he was approached by police and taken into custody without incident. He was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle. Further investigation led to other, related charges.
Twenty-six year-old Jordan HARKNESS-BROWN, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000 [355(a) CC];
- Carrying Concealed Weapon (knife) [90 CC];
- Operation of a Conveyance While Prohibited [320.18(1)(a) CC];
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC]; and
- Breach of Release Conditions [145(5)(a) CC].
HARKNESS-BROWN made his first appearance on these charges before Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. today: Wednesday, March 10, 2021.