A Regina male is charged after investigation into a series of break and enters to mailboxes occurring on March 3rd and 4th, 2021.
On March 4, 2021, police were notified of a series of break-ins to mailboxes at apartment buildings on the 100 block of Rink Avenue, and the 1200 block of Galloway Street. Investigation led to the identity of the suspect, a 36 year-old male, who was arrested on March 16, 2021. A search warrant was executed on a residence on the 7100 block of Bowman Avenue, where police located mail with various addressees and addresses unrelated to the suspect or the residence, as well as evidence that indicated break and enters and fraud.
Thirty-six year-old Michael Francis MAYER, of Regina, is charged with:
- 7 X Break and Enter [CC 348(1)(b)];
- Theft from Mail [CC 356(1)(A)(i)];
- Mischief under $5,000 [CC 430(4)];
- Identity Fraud – Possession of Identity Documents [CC 56.1(1)]; and
- Possesion of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [CC 355(B)].
MAYER made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, March 17, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.