On Monday, March 22, 2021, police were dispatched to the 1200 block of 14th Avenue for the report of a weapons offence. Information received was that an armed robbery was occurring at a convenience store. Police attended to the incident and a suspect male youth was arrested on scene. A knife and an imitation firearm were seized during investigation. An injured female, assaulted in the incident, was taken to hospital by EMS.
A 15 year-old youth, who will not be named in keeping with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with:
- Robbery [CC 344(1)(B)];
- Aggravated Assault [CC 268(1)];
- Disguise with Intent [CC 351(2)];
- Use of Imitation Firearm In Commission of an Indictable Offence [CC 351(2)];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90]; and
- Fail to Comply with Condition of a Release Order [CC 145(5)(A)].
The youth made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Youth Court on March 23, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone who has information to assist police is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).