On March 5th, 2021, as a result of an ongoing investigation involving the Street Gang Unit and Patrol Officers, a search warrant was authorized for a residence in the 1900 block of Quebec Street. One person was safely taken into custody. A search of the residence resulted in the seizure of a sawed off firearm, cash, a substantial quantity of methamphetamine, and ammunition.
Thirty seven year old Jason Alfred HOFLEY, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Careless Storage of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession Of Firearm [92(1) CC];
- Possession Of A Weapon For A Dangerous Purpose [88 CC];
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary To Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Possession of Weapon Contrary To Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Firearm (sawed off .303 rifle) [91(1) CC];
- Possession Of A Weapon Obtained By Commission of Offence [96(1) CC];
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine) for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA]; and
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5,000 [355(b) CC].
HOFLEY made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, March 8, 2021.