A Regina male is facing numerous firearms charges as a result of investigation and subsequent enforcement on Thursday, April 8, 2021. The investigation and enforcement activity included members of the Online Stolen Property Unit, Patrol and the Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT).
Through investigation, police learned of a male who was manufacturing firearms in a residence in the Mount Royal area of the city. On April 8, 2021, search warrants were executed on the residence, a detached garage, camper, vehicle and a utility trailer. The suspect was located exiting the garage and was taken into custody by members of the SWAT team.
During the search, officers located more than 90 firearm parts and at least two fully-functioning firearms, which had been manufactured. Other tools believed to have been used in manufacturing the firearms were also located along with instructions for firearm manufacturing.
Forty year-old Harvey Ronald FEDYK of Regina, is charged with:
- Careless Storage of a Non-Restricted Firearm [86(1)(b) CC];
- Careless Storage of a Prohibited Firearm [86(2)(b) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Non-Restricted Firearm [91(1) CC]
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Firearm [91(1) CC]
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon [91(2) CC]
- Manufacture Firearms: Non-Restricted and Prohibited [99(1)(a) CC]
FEDYK made his first court appearance in Provincial Court on Friday, April 9, 2021.