An 18 year-old Regina male, who was the subject of several warrants, has been arrested and charged with several new offences including possession of a loaded handgun and trafficking fentanyl.
Ongoing investigation and attempt to locate an 18 year-old male who was the subject of outstanding warrants, led members of the Regina Police Street Gang Unit to an address in the 300 block of Pasqua Street. These warrants include one for Attempted Murder, one for Robbery, and another for Aggravated Assault. Officers observed the suspect male and a female leave the residence and get into a taxicab. The cab was followed to the 3500 block of 5th Avenue, where officers approached the male suspect. He fled on foot and, after a brief foot chase, was taken into custody without further incident. Several items were seized at the time of the suspect’s arrest, including a loaded .40 caliber handgun, fentanyl, bear spray and bladed weapons. The outstanding warrants were executed and new charges laid in connection with the circumstances and evidence of this incident.
Eighteen year-old Cree MORRIS, of Regina, is charged with the following:
- Careless Use of Firearm [86(1) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon (handgun) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
- Possession of a Weapon (bear spray) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
- Possession of a Weapon (machete) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
- Possession of a Firearm, Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a Loaded, Restricted Firearm [95(1) CC];
- Possession of a Firearm, Knowing its Serial Number has been Tampered With [108(1)(b) CC];
- Possession of a Firearm, Knowing it was Obtained in the Commission of a Criminal Offence [96(1) CC];
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (fentanyl) for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA]; and
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Order [117.01(1) CC].
MORRIS made his first court appearance on these charges before Provincial Court at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 14, 2021.