Two Regina males are facing a total of fifteen charges after investigation and enforcement focused on illegal drug trafficking in the city of Regina. This investigation was led by the Regina Integrated Crime Reduction Team, or ICRT.*
On April 7, 2021, members of the Integrated Crime Reduction Team obtained judicial authorization to search premises in the 2100 block of Rothwell Street. At approximately 10:00 p.m., two males were observed exiting the target house and both were taken into custody without incident as part of the drug trafficking investigation. A search of one of the suspects yielded two concealed knives; it is alleged this suspect also provided a false name to police. The other suspect was searched incident to arrest and found to be in possession of fentanyl, crystal meth, a black airsoft pistol, a shotgun shell and a quantity of cash. The search warrant on the residence was executed at approximately 10:55 p.m. and yielded a sawed-off shotgun, crystal meth, a functioning digital scale and packaging consistent with drug trafficking. Both males were charged in connection with this enforcement.
Thirty year-old Michael Andrew Richard BELL, of Regina, is charged with:
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon [91 CC];
- Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC]; and
- Obstruct Peace Officer [129(a) CC].
Thirty-six year-old Mark Allen Richard MORISON, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of Fentanyl for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of Methamphetamine for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [91(a) CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [92(1) CC];
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon [90 CC];
- Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5,000 [355(b) CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [95 CC];
- Tampering With Serial Number [108 CC];
- Breach of Release Order [145(5)(a) CC]; and
- Careless Storage of Firearm [86(1) CC].
MORISON made his first court appearance on these charges before Provincial Court on April 8, 2021. BELL was released with a future court date.
*The Regina Integrated Crime Reduction Team includes members of the Regina Police Service and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, both with a mutual interest in responding to illegal firearms, gangs, violence, drugs and property crimes through an integrated approach.