The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Friday, April 2, 2021, in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina.
The RDU executed five Controlled Drugs and Sustances Act (CDSA) search warrants: three on vehicles, one on a residence in the Qu’Appelle Park area and another on a hotel room in the south end of Regina.
As a result of the enforcement, 40 year-old Scott Taylor PATRYLUK of Regina, Saskatchewan, and 66 year-old Richard John DOUGLAS of Chemainus, British Columbia, were arrested in relation to the investigation.
The following controlled substances and evidence was seized during the enforcement:
- Over 3100 grams of cocaine
- 1700 grams of Super buff (btb phenacetin)
- $83,000.00 in Canadian Currency
- Multiple scales, cell phones, packaging and other items to support drug trafficking.
As a result of the enforcement, PATRYLUK and DOUGLAS were jointly charged with the following offences:
- Trafficking cocaine – S5(1) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine – S.5(2) CDSA
- Proceeds over $5000 – S.355(a) CCC
PATRYLUK and DOUGLAS will make their first court appearances on August 25, 2021.