The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU), assisted by the Crime Reduction Team (CRT) and uniformed patrol members, has successfully completed the largest seizure of fentanyl in this City’s history. The 2,800 grams of fentanyl are estimated to have a street value of over $1.1 million dollars.
This investigation and enforcement action, in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina, was completed on Wednesday, May 26, 2021. A total of seven CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act) search warrants were executed: five on residences and two on vehicles. The residences searched were located in the following areas: one residence was located in the Greens area, two in the Glen Cairn area, one in the Windsor Park area, and one in the Hawkstone area.
The following items were seized:
• Over 2,800 grams of fentanyl
• Over 450 grams of cocaine
• A stolen, loaded handgun
• Over $43,000 Canadian currency
• Additional items used to traffic controlled substances
To give these amounts some context: 2,800 grams of fentanyl is approximately 28,000 doses, which has a street value of over $1,100,000.00. Four-Hundred and fifty (450) grams of cocaine has a street value of $45,000.00.
The cost of the human misery and suffering caused by illegal drugs is immeasurable.
As a result of the enforcement, three adult males: 31 year-old Guleed Abdiaziz WARSAME of Calgary, Alberta, 29 year-old Yusuf MUSE of Mississauga, Ontario, and 20 year-old Abbas ABDINOUR, of Toronto, Ontario, were arrested in relation to the investigation.
As a result of the enforcement, Guleed Abdiaziz WARSAME was charged with the following offences:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl – S.5(2) CDSA;
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine – S.5(2) CDSA;
• Proceeds Over $5000 – S.355(a) CC; and
• Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public – S.88 CC.
Yusuf MUSE was charged with the following:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl- S.5(2) CDSA;
• Proceeds Over $5000- S.355(a) CC;
• Unsafe storage of a restricted firearm- S.86(2) CC;
• Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose- S.88 CC;
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm- S. 91(1) CC;
• Unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition- S. 95(1)(a) CC;
• Possession of a restricted weapon obtained by crime- S.96(1) CC;
• Unauthorized possession of a restricted weapon- S.91(2) CC;
• Obstruct police officer- S.129(a) CC; and
• Possession of a forged document with intent- S.368(1)(d) CC.
Abbas ABDINOUR was charged with the following:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl- S.5(2) CDSA; and
• Proceeds over $5000- S.355(a) CC.
All three males made their first court appearance before Provincial Court on May 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm.