On Sunday, May 30, 2021, at approximately 8:46 p.m., police were dispatched to the report of an assault in progress in the area of Victoria Avenue and Ottawa Street. Information received was that a male was physically assaulting a female.
Police located the male and female on 14th Avenue and Toronto Street. The male was arrested for assault, and after identifying the male, he was found to be in breach of conditions of a probation order. A search revealed a firearm, ammunition, and stolen property.
Twenty-two year-old Thomas Troy KAISWATUM, of Regina, is charged with:
- Fail to Comply with Conditions of Release Order [CC 145(5)(A)];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- 2 X Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Possess Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86(2)]; and
- Assault [CC 266].
KAISWATUM made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, May 31, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.
Anyone with information that could assist police in this investigation is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 777-6500 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-222-TIPS (8477).