Three adults – two males and a female – have been charged following investigation into a weapons offence in Regina yesterday (Monday).
On Monday, May 3, 2021, at about 3:29 a.m., police conducted a traffic stop on a ford F-150 truck in a lane off the 1900 block of Montreal Street. The truck had no license plate. As officers were dealing with the driver, who initially gave a false name, a handgun was seen in a dog kennel in the cab of the truck. Police arrested all three occupants of the truck for a weapons offence. A further search of the truck yielded quantities of crack cocaine, methamphetamine and fentanyl; a digital scale and packaging, and the handgun, which was loaded. All three were charged and held for court.
The individuals charged are: 40 year-old Richard Frederick DESNOMIE, 22 year-old Tyrine Vincent Van DESNOMIE-CREELY, and 21 year-old Brooklynn SAINT. All three are jointly charged with:
- 86(1) CC – Careless use of firearm, transport;
- 88 CC – Possession of a weapon dangerous to public peace;
- 90 CC – Carry concealed weapon;
- 94(1)(a)(i) CC – Unauthorized possession of firearm;
- 95(1)(a) CC – Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition;
- 108(1)(a) CC – Tampering with a serial number of a firearm;
- 5(2) CDSA – Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine;
- 5(2) CDSA – Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine; and
- 5(2) CDSA – Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl.
Richard DESNOMIE and Tyrine DESNOMIE-CREELY are jointly charged with the following:
- 92(1) CC – Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
Richard DESNOMIE is charged with the following:
- Two charges of 117.01(1) CC – Possession of a firearm and ammunition contrary to a prohibition order.
Tyrine DESNOMIE-CREELY is charged with the following:
- Two charges of 117.01(1) CC – Possession of a firearm and ammunition contrary to a prohibition order;
- Two charges of 145(5)a) – Breach of conditions; and
- 129(1)(a) CC – Obstruction (false name).
Brooklynn SAINT is charged with:
- 91(1) CC – Possession of a restricted handgun
SAINT, DESNOMIE and DESNOMIE-CREELY made their first court appearances on these charges before Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, May 3, 2021.