On Thursday, May 20, at approximately 7:00 a.m. police were dispatched to the area of the 500 block of N Cityview Crescent for the report of a weapons offence. Information received was that a male was seen with a firearm, leaving in a vehicle.
Police located the vehicle and observed it driving dangerously – at excessive rates of speed, driving through red lights, and driving into oncoming traffic. A spike belt was successfully deployed by police and the vehicle was abandoned by the suspect in an alley on the 1300 block of Angus Street. The 31 year-old male hid in a yard on the 1300 block of Angus Street, where he was located by police, and taken into custody without incident. A firearm was also recovered.
Thirty-one year-old Frederick James Norman BRASS, of Regina, is charged with:
- Dangerous Drive [CC 320.13(1)];
- Possess Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- 2 X Possess Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Possess Loaded or Restricted Firearm [CC 95(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)]; and
- Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86(2)].
BRASS made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court, this morning, May 21, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.