On Tuesday, May 4, at approximately 1:30 p.m. police were dispatched to a report of a stolen vehicle in progress in the 700 block of Robinson Street in Regina. The caller stated that a suspect had entered the residence, took keys off a table and then used them to steal a vehicle parked outside the home. When officers arrived, they found two people inside the home who were able to provide information to police about the suspect and the stolen vehicle.
The vehicle was spotted a short time later in the area of Pasqua Gate. The driver matched the description provided by one of the victims. The suspect drove the stolen vehicle to a residence in the 1100 block of Argyle Street, exited the vehicle and ran inside. Officers searched the home and located the male hiding under a pile of clothes in the basement of the residence.
As a result, Twenty-seven year-old Nathanial Aaron DUBOIS of Regina is charged with:
- Commit Break and Enter [CC 348(1)(B)];
- Theft of a Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1(1)];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- 2 x Fail to Comply with a Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)]; and
- Fail to Comply with a Condition of Release Order [CC 145(5)(A)]
DUBOIS made his first appearance in Provincial Court in Regina on these charges today, Wednesday, May 5, 2021.