A 24 year-old Regina male is facing charges after a Break and Enter incident in Regina this morning (Monday).
At approximately 6:15 a.m. (today) Monday, May 17, 2021, Regina Police Service members were dispatched to a house in the 2200 block of McKay Street for a report of a weapons offence. The caller indicated that a male had pointed an imitation firearm at her. It was also reported the male had just left the house, taking with him a real firearm belonging to one of the residents. It appeared the suspect male had taken the real firearm from a gun safe inside the house. The suspect was known to the residents, but not welcome at their house. They were able to provide important background information to the officers. The suspect male was located a short time later and taken into custody without incident.
Twenty-four year-old Trey D. ASAPACE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Break and Enter with Intent to steal a firearm, section 98(1)(a)(4) CC;
- Assault with a Weapon (BB gun), section 267(a) CC;
- Use of Imitation Firearm in Commission of Indictable Offence, section 85(2) (a) CC;
- Breach of Release Order, section 145(5)(a) CC; and
- Breach of Probation, section 733.1(1) CC.
ASAPACE made his first court appearance on these charges before Provincial Court at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, May 17, 2021.