On Thursday, May 6, 2021, at approximately 8:25 p.m., police were dispatched to the 100 block of Laval Drive for the report of a weapons offence. It was reported that a male entered a garage and stole a bicycle.
Neighbours of the address attempted to stop the male, and the male revealed a knife. The suspect was followed through a school yard and was apprehended a few blocks away by one of the neighbouring witnesses, a retired sworn member of Regina Police Service. Police subsequently arrested the male without issue. The male was found to be in possession of break-in instruments, as well as a substance believed to be amphetamines. The male was identified and found to be in violation of conditions of his probation, as well as having outstanding warrants.
Thirty-two year-old Terence Dwayne MACHISKINIC, of Saskatoon, is charged with:
- Break, Enter, & Commit [CC 348(1)(B)];
- Theft Under $5,000 [CC 334(B)];
- Possess Break-in Instruments [CC 351(1)];
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Fail to comply with Probation Order [CC 267(A)];
- Assault With a Weapon [CC 267(A)]; and
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (amphetamines) [CDSA 4(1)].
MACHISKINIC made his first appearance on these charges Provincial Court this morning, Friday May 7, 2021.