On May 28, 2021 at approximately 4:32 a.m. police conducted a traffic stop on a black Dodge Journey at 4th Avenue and Princess St. Police observed several open bottles of alcohol inside the vehicle and arrested the driver and two other occupants.
On searching the Dodge Journey, a loaded sawed off rifle, ammunition, and an undisclosed amount of methamphetamine, cocaine and fentanyl was located.
Forty year old, Brendan Irvine STARR of Balcarres was charged with the following:
- 86(1) CC. – Careless storage of a firearm
- 88 CC. – Possession of a firearm for a dangerous purpose
- 92(1) CC. – Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- 95(1) CC. – Possession of a loaded firearm
- 94(1)(a)(ii) CC. – Possession of a loaded firearm within a vehicle
- 96(1) CC – Possession of a prohibited weapon
- 01(1) CC.X2 – Breach of prohib firearms order
- 355(b) CC – Proceeds of crime under $5000
- 5(2) CDSA X3 – Fentanyl, Cocaine and Meth trafficking
Twenty four year old, Janine Cora BEAR of Yorkton was charged with the following:
- 88 CC. – Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
A third occupant of the Dodge Journey was released without any charges.
STARR and BEAR were held for Provincial Court on May 28, 2021, at 2:00 p.m.