On Saturday, May 1, 2021, police conducted a traffic stop near 2nd Avenue North and Arthur Street in Regina. Police observed a firearm in the vehicle. The occupant, a 30 year-old male, was detained for possession of a firearm. Other firearms and ammunition were also located in the vehicle.
Thirty-year-old Faron Grant BIGSKY of Regina is charged with:
– Careless Storage of a Firearm X2 [CC 86(1)]
– Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [CC 88]
– Carrying a Concealed Weapon [CC 90]
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)]
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)]
– Possession of a Loaded or Restricted Firearm [CC 95(1)]
– Tampering With a Serial Number of a Firearm [CC 108(1)(A)]
– Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order X2 [CC 117.01(1)]
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 [CC 355(b)]
– Identity Fraud – Possession of an Identity Document [CC 56.1(a)]
– Fail to Comply with Condition of a Release Order [CC 145(5)(a)
BIGSKY will make his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday May 3, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.