The Regina Police Service Drug Unit has completed an investigation into illegal drug trafficking in Regina, leading to two persons charged. On Wednesday, June 2, 2021, the Regina Drug Unit completed enforcement in relation to this investigation with the assistance of patrol and the K9 Units.
Three CDSA search warrants were executed, one in the Gardner Park area, one in the Whitmore Park Area and one on a vehicle.
As a result of the enforcement, 34 year-old William (Jay) John ENGLAND and 39 year-old Megan Lynn NAGY, both of Regina, Saskatchewan, were arrested in relation to the investigation.
Approximately 3300 grams of methamphetamine, 300 grams of cocaine, a small amount of MDMA, $197,000.00 in currency, a loaded 9mm carbine rifle, along with multiple cell phones, digital scales and other evidence to support drug trafficking were seized.
ENGLAND and NAGY were jointly charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine [S.5(2) CDSA];
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine – [5(2) CDSA]; and
- Possessing proceeds of crime over $5000 [355(a) CC].
In addition, ENGLAND was also charged with the following offences:
- Possession of MDMA [4(1) CDSA];
- Unsafe storage of a loaded 9mm Carbine Rifle [86 (2) CC];
- Weapons dangerous to public peace – [88 CC]; and
- Unauthorized possession of a loaded 9mm Carbine Rifle [91(1) CC].
Both accused made their first court appearance on June 3, 2021, at 2:00 p.m.