A 17-year-old youth is facing numerous charges after a firearms incident at a home in the 200 Block of Wascana Street, last evening, June 9, 2021.
Police were called to the home shortly after 6 p.m. for report that a male youth had entered the home, threatened one of the female occupants and pointed a gun at her. The caller stated the suspect had entered the home with two females and following the threats the group left the home on foot.
Officers responding to the call observed three people walking near the home that matched the description provided by the caller. One male and two female were taken into custody. A search turned up one firearm as well as ammunition.
As a result of this investigation, a 17-year-old male is facing numerous charges. He cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
The male youth is charged with:
- Point Firearm [87 CC]
- Uttering Threats [264.1(1)(a) CC]
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm [91(a) CC]
- Carry a Concealed Weapon [90 CC]
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited Firearm [95 CC]
- Possession of a Firearm with the Serial Number Removed [108(1)(b) CC]
- Use of a Firearm in the Commission of an Indictable Offence [85(1)a) CC]
The youth made his first appearance in Provincial Youth Court this morning, June 10, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.