Three males are facing charges as a result of enforcement completed by the Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the city of Regina.
On Wednesday, July 21, 2021, the RDU executed four CDSA search warrants; two on vehicles and two on residences in the 2100 block of Heseltine Road and the 100 block of Froom Crescent. As a result, investigators seized approximately 450 grams of cocaine, 225 grams of methamphetamine and fentanyl mixture, 250 grams of cutting agent, a loaded firearm and ammunition, $40,000 in currency, as well as multiple cell phones, digital scales and other evidence to support drug trafficking. Three males were arrested in relation to the investigation. As a result:
21 year-old Azhar Ayman AHMAD, of Surrey, BC, 24 year-old Akashdeep BHOOT, of Abbotsford, BC, and 23 year-old Taranvir Singh SIDHU, of Abbotsford, BC have all been jointly charged with:
- Possession For the Purpose of Trafficking (Cocaine) [CDSA 5 (2)];
- Possession For the Purpose of Trafficking (Methamphetamine) [CDSA 5 (2)];
- Possession For the Purpose of Trafficking (Fentanyl) [CDSA 5 (2)];
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [CC 91 (1)];
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm With Ammunition [CC 95 (1) (A)];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [CC 108 (1) (B)];
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition [CC 86 (1)].
In addition, BHOOT has also been charged with:
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)].
AHMAD, BHOOT, and SIDHU all made their first court appearances on the charges in Provincial Court on Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.