A forty year-old male faces eleven criminal charges after a sexual assault where drugs were administered to the victim.
On Friday, July 2, 2021, at approximately 2:20 a.m., police were dispatched to the Regina General Hospital to pick up a sexual assault kit. The victim stated that she was assaulted sexually by a male in possession of a firearm, and that the assailant had administered an intoxicating substance which temporarily rendered her unable to move during the offence.
Investigation into the sexual assault led to the arrest of a 40 year-old male. A search of the suspect’s residence revealed several firearms, in violation of conditions of a previous release order.
Forty year-old Harvey Ronald FEDYK, of Regina, is charged with:
- Sexual Assault [CC 271];
- Overcome Resistance by Administering or Attempting to Administer a Drug [CC 246(B)];
- 2 X Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Possession of Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Weapons Trafficking [CC 99];
- Possession of Restricted Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(2)];
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)]; and
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order [CC 145(5)(A)].
FEDYK made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, Monday, July 5, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.