A 29 year-old Regina male is facing a number of charges in connection with a stolen auto incident from early Tuesday morning.
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021, at approximately 2:57 a.m., a patrol sergeant in the area of 3rd Avenue and Argyle Street noted a suspicious vehicle. A little more information-gathering confirmed that the vehicle was a stolen auto. Police members made attempts to stop the vehicle, using a tire deflation device (spike belt) but the suspect was able to continue driving. During this time, police learned that a passenger in the vehicle was being held against her will. At a point when the car was moving slowly, the 38 year-old female passenger was able to jump out of the car; she was not injured. The vehicle turned onto Britton Bay and the suspect was arrested, without incident, a short time later. Further investigation led to several charges.
Twenty-nine year-old George Tyrone GAMBLER, of Regina, is charged with:
- Operate Conveyance Dangerous to Public, s. 321.13(1) CC;
- Flight From Peace Officer, s. 320.17 CC;
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC;
- Obstruct Peace Officer (giving false name), s. 129(a) CC;
- Forcible Confinement, s. 279(2) CC; and
- Fail to Comply with Conditions of Release Order, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
GAMBLER made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 13, 2021.