On Thursday, August 5, 2021, at approximately 9:10 p.m., police were dispatched to the 5000 block of Staff Crescent for the report of a suspicious vehicle. Information received was that a vehicle, previously reported as stolen to police, was running with two occupants, an adult male and an adult female, who appeared to be sleeping. The male was identified, and was determined to pose a high risk for weapon possession.
Police approached the vehicle, and called out to the occupants. The female in the driver’s seat exited the vehicle and was taken into custody. Continued attempts to call out to the male were unsuccessful. The male then moved to the driver’s seat, and started the vehicle, driving northbound to Holash Way where police successfully deployed a spike belt on the vehicle. The vehicle drove away, coming to a stop in an alley between Rothwell Crescent and Rupert Street, north of 8th Avenue. After an hour, the suspect left the vehicle and was arrested.
A search of the vehicle revealed a bag containing a substance believed to be methamphetamine. A search of the suspect revealed a substance believed to be fentanyl.
Thirty year-old Justin Theodore PELLETIER, of Regina, is charged with:
- Dangerous Drive [CC 320.13(1)];
- Impaired Drive [CC 320.14(1)(A)];
- Flight From Peace Officer [CC 320.17]
- Fail to Comply with Release Order [CC 145(5)(A)];
- Possess Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine) [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possess Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (fentanyl) [CDSA 5(2)]; and
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime [CC 355(B)].
PELLETIER made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, August 6, 2021, at 2:00 p.m.