A 28 year-old Regina male has been charged in connection with three recent cases involving the suspicious behavior of an unknown male around children. The same individual is also charged in connection with a sexual assault alleged to have happened, after his arrest, in the RPS Detention area.
A brief description of these incidents follows:
- On May 30, 2021, police received a report of a suspicious male at Westhill Park in the 8100 block of Sherwood Drive. The male is alleged to have approached two children, greeted them and then grabbed a five year-old boy by the shirt, trying to lead him away. Another child intervened and the male left the park.
- On July 10, 2021, police were dispatched to Transcona Park for a report of an adult male who was talking to children in the park, making sexually suggestive statements. Police arrived and located an individual matching the description provided. Police confirmed his identity and continued investigation into this incident.
- On August 7, 2021, police received a report from an adult female who indicated a male on a bicycle had approached her two children and had allegedly touched one child in a sexual manner and attempted to touch the second child. When the parents of the children confronted the male he allegedly took off his belt as if to use it as a weapon. Police were initially unable to locate the male, but a short time later, arrested a suspect matching the description in Transcona Park, after a complaint of a male trying to persuade children to sit next to him on a bench.
- On August 8, 2021, as the same male suspect was being transported (on remand), it is alleged he rubbed up against an RPS Special Constable, in a sexual manner, before being pulled away.
Twenty-eight year-old Nhigel Felipe CEREDON, of Regina, is charged with:
- Assault with a weapon (belt), s. 267(a) CC;
- Invitation to sexual touching, s. 152 CC;
- 3 X Sexual assault, s. 271 CC; and
- Assault, s. 266 CC.
CEREDON made his first court appearance on all of the charges, except the Assault, s. 266 CC, on August 9, 2021. He is scheduled to make a video appearance in Provincial Court on the Assault charge today (Friday), August 20, 2021.