A 23 year-old Regina male is facing 39 criminal charges in connection with a string of robberies and break-and-enters in the city over a two-week span in August.
Between August 6th and 19th, the Regina Police Service opened investigations into seven separate business robberies in the city. These occurred at the following locations on these dates:
- 6, 2021 – business in the 2100 block of Pasqua Street,
- 11, 2021 – (same) business in the 2100 block of Pasqua Street,
- 15, 2021 – business in the 600 block Albert Street N.,
- 17, 2021 – business in the 1800 block Broad Street,
- 17, 2021 – business in the 500 block Broad Street,
- 18, 2021 – business in the 500 block of McIntyre Street, and
- 19, 2021 – business in the 2400 block of Dewdney Avenue.
Although there were similarities in the cases leading police to suspect the crimes were related, it was not until further into the investigations that a potential suspect was identified. Efforts by the Robbery Unit, Patrol and Crime Reduction Team resulted in the arrest of a 23 year-old male suspect on August 20th. Investigation also linked this suspect to three recent break-and-enter cases and a theft of auto.
Twenty-three year-old Jeremy Austin Lee HASTINGS, of Regina, is charged with:
- 9 charges of Robbery, s. 344(1)(b) CC;
- Assault with a weapon, s. 267(a) CC;
- 9 X Disguise with intent, s. 351(2) CC
- 3 X Use of imitation firearm in the commission of an indictable offence, s. 85(2)(a) CC;
- 12 X Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC;
- Break and Enter with intent to commit an indictable offence, s. 348(1)(a) CC;
- 2 X Break and Enter and commit indictable offence, 348(1)(b) CC;
- Theft under $5,000, s. 334(b) CC; and
- Theft of Motor Vehicle, s. 333.1(1) CC.
HASTINGS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, August 23, 2021 (today).