On August 1, 2021, police observed a vehicle reported earlier that day as stolen, and observed a male park the vehicle on the 1100 block of Graham Road and enter a residence. The vehicle license plate was confirmed to not match the registered vehicle, and was also confirmed to be recently stolen. The 20 year-old suspect at the residence was arrested without incident.
Police also located modified automobile master keys in the vehicle. The male was found to be on three Canada-wide driving prohibitions, as well as in violation of conditions of probation and also of a release order.
Twenty year-old James Dennis WILCOX, of Regina, is charged with:
- Theft of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1(1)];
- 2 x Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- Fail to comply with release order [CC 145(5)(A)];
- 3 x Drive While Prohibited [CC 320.18(1)(A)];
- Possession of Automobile Master Key [CC 353(1)(b)]; and
- Fail to comply with Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)].
WILCOX made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, August 3, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.